Saturday, March 17, 2018

Beach

I have chosen to shoot at the beach. Yes, I know that’s mainstream and an idea probably a lot of people have doing this project but I’m doing it with a purpose and a plan. My character Christian lives in West Palm Beach, and I want to contrast him and Daniela in many different ways, one of those being setting. She’s from Georgia, a place not known for beaches, colder, smaller, etc. Florida is all beach, I want Christian to represent Florida, and being set at the beach in the intro will leave no doubt that the main setting for this piece will be Florida. Also I feel like I can get some very beautiful shots at the beach, shots that will work for what I want to do. The shots of Christian at the beach will be very wide, mostly all long shots, not focused on him entirely but more on the fact that he is at the beach. The audience will have an “option” to focus on Christian, the water, the wind, the sand, etc. There are variables that can take the focus away from the character and since music will be played Hduring this, shots like these gives the audience chance to enjoy, not necessarily be looking for something.
I talked to my teacher Mrs. Stoklosa and she gave me some great scenes at the beach that I should go off of.

Her(2014) Spike Jonze:
I couldn't find the right video but heres the visual to what a scene that I could recreate at the beach, with a lot of cut-aways, shifting focus from the actor to the beach itself.

Moonrise Kingdom(2012) Wes Anderson:

 This one shows me how to make symmetric shots out of the composition. What  choose to put on frame its for a reason, also makes it more pleasing to the naked eye. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR