Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Ideas Change

With everything said and done I just want to write about a few ideas that didn't make the cut.

I wanted to add more color in the shots, but then when it came down to it I felt like it was going to be way too much of a resemblance to Wes Anderson work, and yes I wanted to resemble it but also make it my own, I didn't want to copy him completely. Also when the day came to shoot I couldn't find anything that would look good with the shot I was trying to achieve.

I wanted to add an already existing song, preferably one that my friend Coco already had that was longer. He gave me permission and everything but as soon as the idea came to us that we could write out own song, we stuck to it and started working.

The beach shots were originally shots at a backyard that had a pool. Instead of towels they were pool chairs. The scene went exactly the same but I decided to shoot at the beach because it set the setting for him and I wanted to contrast him and her, because her shots don't really set anything.

I originally wanted to work with another actor to play Camila but at the time she couldn't make it and I didn't want to waste time and Isa was available so we went with it. I wanted to work with someone that was blonde and could really pull off the mean act.

These are some ideas that changed but ultimately got me to this piece of work that I am very proud of, no regrets what so ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR