Saturday, March 3, 2018

Aesthetically pleasing

Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson): This movie is symmetry at it's finest. Wes Anderson makes almost every shot symmetric and colorful. The composition of the shots makes it a joy to watch. I picked this movie because I want to mimic some techniques that Anderson uses. I want to obviously include symmetry in a way that helps me tell the story, helps me tell it through the pictures and shots without me actually saying the words or message. I also want to have colors help me connect the stories. Colors that will also help me make the shots more pleasing to the eye.



This film also includes the love aspect that I want to include in my film. This film shows how two kids at two different places find each other, but since they are kids, love isn't really a term they are familiar with so the story also includes them figuring out how to "love".



Another movie that I also enjoyed aesthetically is Lady Bird, directed by Greta Gerwig. I enjoyed the establishing shots and scenery. The way Greta shot her characters made the movie way more intimate. I also noticed that this is a great example of a romance. There is love displayed between the main character and a male character, there is love between a mother and a daughter, between a father and a daughter, and between friends. We get to experience love connected to other love affairs and we see how it plays out.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR