Thursday, March 22, 2018

What you’re going to see

This is how I picture the intro:
When Chris is on screen, I want the shots to be long shots, I don’t want it to be that intimate with him, I want to focus more on the fact that he’s at the beach playing the guitar. I want to establish the setting, that would be the setting for the whole movie. I also want to get a cool close up of him playing the guitar, but it would only be the guitar and his hands, not him, so I still have that misters card.
When I’m shooting Dani, I want it to be the opposite, very close, very intimate. To get to know her but not her surroundings. I want the audience to notice her but not what she’s doing. So it also resonates with the mistery that Chris has on his shots.
They’re both clearly the main characters, the only other character we get to “meet” is Camila, Christians girlfriend, but we don’t really see much, in fact she’s the only character along with Dani’s mom, that has dialogue. Both of the dialogues kinda resonate, because they're both interrupting the music that Dani and Chris are enjoying simultaneously. Chris and Dani have no dialogue, so it’s  just another thing forshadowing the importance these two characters are going to have to each other.



This is more of less and example of a shot I want to recreate



This isn’t more or less how I would like the shot of Dani to look

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR